At some point they have to try! Here are some tips for teaching them:
1. Stand At The Right Height
2. Work on the hold that works best for them. Try it a few different ways.
3. Rock the Knife. Start with the point touching the cutting board and push down and away along the curve of the blade.
4. Beware the fingers. This is obviously one of the most important parts of the lesson.
5. Hold those Vegetables Firmly. Don’t start learning on slippery, round veggies.
6. Slow & Sharp. Sharp knives are actually safer than dull ones. Go slow. Enough said.
7. Try practicing on play dough first