BIG TOBACCO reinvented itself for a whole new generation of nicotine addiction – and guess what – our kids are the target market.
Here are 5 THINGS parents need to know about Vaping:
- ELECTRIC CIGARETTES (or E-Cigarettes) consist of a mouthpiece with ceramic and mesh filters, a battery for creating heat and an E Juice cartridge, which contains liquid that will be vaporized and inhaled. Many of these devises are small, designed to be discreet.
- “E JUICE” is a deceptive marketing term, created to sound safe, when in actuality, it contains oils in flavors such as bubble gum and cherry, created to deliver nicotine or CBD and marijuana in a package that seems young and fun.
- The FDA & CDC published data from the 2018 National Youth Tobacco Survey: from 2017 to 2018, there was a 78% increase in e-cigarette use among high school students and a 48% increase among middle school students – after decades of declining tobacco use among teens.
- 14 VAPE PUFFS = 1 or more packs of cigarettes.
- TEEN SPEAK – clouding, misting, cloud chasing, ghosting and juuling are all ways of talking about vaping.
Carbondale Police Department 970-963-2662